work and tumble

Monday, March 03, 2014

Le Petit Prince


My sister instilled in me from a very early age a proper appreciation for Le Petit Prince, but I've never owned a copy of this little classic until now. I found this one over the weekend at She Said Boom - it is a reprint of a 1946 French edition by Gallimard, with Saint-Exupéry's original (unretouched) watercolours.


It has a strange little half dust-jacket that's attached at the spine. Underneath, the front and back covers are plain white. I'm sure there's a bibliographical term for this, and that I should probably know it.


The price in Francs:


And a cute little inscription from "Christiane."








4 comments:

  1. Such a pretty edition! But isn't everything somehow more charming in french? I read this in German when I was trying to learn the language but maybe I should re-read in English at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoops, accidentally deleted my comment which was that this is lovely!

      Delete